Information You Should Have
In order to prevent a child from being poisoned, you should have the following information:
- What plants and substances in the home are harmful and/or poisonous.
- How to properly store and secure these items away from children.
- Where are potentially dangerous substances stored in this house?
- How are these substances stored?
- Are there places in the house that the children should not go?
- Every babysitter should have first aid training and training in CPR.
- The best method of prevention is always constant supervision of the children in the home. It is easy to become distracted with phone calls or bathing one child, while another child is playing elsewhere. The children should be within your eyesight at all times.